Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Oink!

Today is a holiday in the Philippines celebrating the Chinese New Year. The year of the Pig so to celebrate we watched the movie Babe. I remember this movie so well because we had a copy. I remember watching it with my parents. This is one of those rare movies you can watch with your parents.  We particularly were big fans of this show because we had a border collie dog named Patch. 

Amazing to think that it has been over 20 years since the world fell in love with the sheep-herding pig. This is a kids movie that has delighted viewers of all ages. It was even nominated for Best Picture Oscar. It was the first time that technology allowed to put live talking animals on screen. To make the animals talk, the filmmakers relied on computerized mouth movements. 

there were 48 pure-bread female pigs casted over the course of the three years it took to film the movie. Besides pigs, some 500 other animals appeared in the movie including dogs, cats, sheets, cows, horses, goats, ducks, mice, and pigeons.The investment of this movie was around $25 million which generated over 300 million worldwide. Not bad! 

I imagine that many people become vegetarian after watching this show. I couldn't eat an animal who had been consider a family pet, but I know there are families who do. What I love about this pig is his gentleness. It makes the point that you don't need to be mean and use force to make others do what you want and I like that. 

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: