Saturday, May 18, 2019

This are a few of my favorite things.

Today Daniel was out of town and late in the night around 11:00 pm Diana and family were coming from Salt Lake to spend a week in Manila. Their son is already here but didn’t come over to where I am nor the airport and as I waited outside for almost three hours in the humid and very hot waiting area I thought about those things that are my favorite things to distract me a little from the boredom so here are my favorite things.

These are a few of my Favorite things 

There are so many simple pleasures I enjoy that it will take 100 pages to list them all but I will mention the top ten " of my favorite things..." 

#10 I enjoy traveling to Utah, Denver, Houston, Orlando, Miami, Montevideo, San Salvador etc. to see family. I enjoy attending all the wonderful DTA cluster meetings each year. For the past seven years we have gone to Orlando, Argentina, Chile, Panama, Peru, Japan and Australia. 

#9 I enjoy dancing. Yes I do! You will see me on the dance floor or at a Zumba class. Meringue, bachata and salsa dancing. I enjoy attending any type of parties: birthday parties, bridal or baby showers etc. I love participating as well as hosting because I love to cook and entertaining.

#8 I enjoy the calmness of being remotely at the beach house, a farm or near a lake away from a big city to watch the sunset or sunrise. I love kayaking so it would be a dream to own a home facing a Lake but the question is: Which Lake? 

#7 I enjoy attending General Conference every time I get a chance. We get invited to attend every October. I also enjoy attending any type of workshop or devotional by our Church leaders. We have one every Tuesday at the office.

#6 I enjoy serving in my Church calling or anything I am asked to do. Sundays are special because is one day I dedicate to the Lord. I love having one day a week away from work or business. This is a day to relax, visit family and do family history. I enjoy preserving memories. I love scrapbooking, writing letters, essays and blogs which you can do on Sundays. 

#5 I enjoy watching Sports especially when its a good soccer game with my favorite team from Uruguay or Spain and Daniel loves it too. A good basketball game is a closed second. 

#4 I enjoy shopping for gifts to give away. I don't buy for me but I love to think of what to give the people on my list around Christmas time. Here in Manila I particularly love buying fine jewelry like pearls, shoes, purses and clothes. 

#3 I enjoy getting pampered for a special occasion and what woman wouldn't like that! I love getting a massage, pedicures and manicures and hair and make up done nice. In the Philippines it's not too expensive. 

#2 I love reading. I read a book every month. The book I read last month was "Let It Go" by Chris Williams. A memoir based on a true story of tragedy and forgiveness. 

#1 Most of my simple pleasures of life involves spending time with my hubby, enjoy dinner, a concert, a play or movie and hugs and kisses of course. Going out on a date is my favorite simple thing I enjoy doing and how I wish Daniel was around to entertain our company. 

Con amor,

Vero 

No comments: