Thursday, April 23, 2020

It only matters what I am doing




My thoughts on 35  days on quarantine.

Today we heard ambulances outside our balcony. I counted 15 ambulances. They closed the street across from us for the fire fighters to put out the fire from an old building. Anytime I hear the sound of sirens I get anxious. It reminds me once again that life is fragile and at any moment we could be gone prematurely, especially due to a pandemic. 

We are indeed living a time of crisis but there is nothing we can do for those things we can’t control. The only people who could do anything about it, in today’s fire, are the fire fighters. And that got me thinking; there are a million aspects to life totally out of our control. Focusing on things you can’t control is pointless so why waste your time. 

At a time, such as this, I can’t control what other people do, but I can control what I do. We are keeping ourselves indoors. We are using all our food storage so we don’t need to go out to get anything. For me, I think of it like this: Do your best and have God take care of the rest. The only way I can avoid 100% getting infected with COVID-19 is for me to stay indoors. If I can focus my attention on what I can do to help the situation, that is enough. I should not worry about what others do or not do. I want to be safe, and being safe is up to me. I repeat, It doesn't matter what others are doing. It only matters what I am doing. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: