Saturday, April 4, 2020

The start 190th General Conference

Thoughts on our 16 days on quarantine. 

Today Daniel and I sat down to watch General Conference via internet. Although not every message is directed to me at the time it is presented, I know each message has  been prepared to make a difference in the lives of those who might need it. I appreciate all the brethren and sisters who prepare words of inspiration to teach us something from their heart at General Conference. I have come to know these servants of the Lord in a more intimate way, by what they teach us and the experience they share. 

In my lifetime, I have heard many teachings and warnings from many General Conferences that I have listed to or attended in person. All have been inspired for our time. Something many have in common is when they share their testimony as incredible witnesses of Jesus the Christ. All testify of Christ. They have warned us to be prepared for what is to come. What is happening today should not surprise us. 

I particularly like the push to be self- reliant, and to strengthen the home through scripture study as a family or individuals. When you think of it, this effort has never being so on point than at the present time when we need to be self-isolated. It is important to draw near to the Lord for support. This pandemic is not our first trial and won't be our last. We must work hard at improving ourselves every day. I can't wait for the written copies of the talks given today. I took notes as usual but not fast enough.  

For those who have an increase in free time, There is now an opportunity available to study the scriptures, to work on family history, to tidy our homes and even call those who we have not spoken to recently. These activities can bring a new sense of purpose and joy into our lives. 

It is never too late to make the necessary changes in our lives that we may receive the blessings our Heavenly Father has for us. Let us truly come unto Christ and Hear Him. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: