Sunday, April 19, 2020

I miss these people


Thoughts on 31 days on quarantine. 

Life has taught me to be adaptable. We had our calendars all laid out and booked up for months ahead but then something unexpected happened and you find yourself having to completely change everything you had planned.

Here we are at home having to figure out a new plan due to the infamous COVID-19. On one hand, we are missing meetings we had previously scheduled. It means missing events we had hoped and planned to attend. We have to miss out on getting together with people we were looking forward to seeing. I am thinking of a wonderful weeding in particular but it is simply part of life. It is what it is. 

On the other hand, I don’t think there has ever been a time such as this in my life when I have felt the hand of the Lord guiding, protecting and sustaining our family despite of the pandemic.  Today our family connected via zoom. It was wonderful to see all those faces we love so much. We gathered as if we were in the same room. 

This is a time for re-grouping, re-charging, re- energizing, re-connecting, etc. I feel confident this CORONA-19 will soon be a thing of the past, but for now, we need to reach out to those people who need a helping hand. We need to stay connected with those who matter to us. Think about this; today, they are not attending any meetings or going to any sport games or classes. Etc. this is unique for our time and I feel optimistic that there is so much to learn from this crisis. 

There are new things we are learning to do different, like better use of our technology. This is a time to give thanks for those things that we do have and not for what we are missing. For starters, I am grateful for my core beliefs in a loving God who is saddened by what is happening in the world. I am grateful for energy, water, food and shelter. I am grateful for my health. I am immensely grateful for a kind and loving husband, amazing children and beautiful grandchildren inside and out, and for a caring extended family.


 

Con amor, 
Vero 

No comments: