Thursday, April 16, 2020

Quarantine for four weeks

Thoughts on 28 days on quarantine. 

Amazing what has happened in four weeks.

Four weeks ago exactly I went out to buy fruits and vegetables at our neighborhood fruit stand a half a block away. I have not gone outside of my apartment ever since. That is so weird because I  have no desire to go out anyway. I don't even know what it would be like to go back to how it used to be only a month ago.

Somehow we have managed eating all the stuff we had on our cupboards and our freezer. Things like: home-made bread, pupusas, Milanesas, fajitas, tortilla Española choripan, tortilla soup, banana bread, corn bread, pasta frola, pizza, bread pudding, squash soup, quesadillas, tuna melt, tacos, french toast, beef stew, lentil soup, enchiladas, and today we made empanadas. No, we are not suffering. On the contrary, we are gaining weight. A lot of weight, I am afraid!

During this time I have been spending time writing and when my wrists feel tired, I read a book. My goal is to read a book a week. I also call my family, especially my mom . I call any time I get a chance and Daniel calls his mom too. Daniel has been busier than ever in his life. He has worked non-stop holding meetings remotely with everyone else from the office who is quarantine as well.

In Argentina is against the law to go outside unless you are buying food or medicine. The businesses that are considered non essential are all closed. And no one knows the extent of the quarantine. Summer was ending here in Argentina and schools were starting but now, they are all closed. It feels weird to know that you can't travel abroad because all the airports are closed and you can't go out for a drive or walk outside either.

There is no doubt that we live in uncertain and difficult times but in the midst of uncertainty, we can be sure that the Lord knows us, loves us and it's watching over us. "You will have days when you will be discouraged. So pray for courage not to give up!" Russell M. Nelson


Con amor,
Vero

No comments: