Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Faith against Fear

Faith against fear is the tittle of my presentation I am preparing today. I went to the temple to get more inspiration on the things I need to talk about at the Director's Seminar. This  year I was asked to take four hours with the spouses to talk about the importance of preserving our memories by writing our story of faith. Any story that will help our posterity know of our testimonies.

Since I am a memory maker obsessor. I keep memory books, scrapbook, photo albums, journals, ABC books for the babies, write a letter every Monday to the kids, and write blogs. I even keep old emails and special written notes and cards. I was asked to share all those keepsakes of mine.

The idea is to let them know how important it is for us to keep a journal. I am also putting together a few scrapbooks and photo albums to be used as a display for them to see all the things I have been doing. When I think of it, it is very impressive. I have done a lot!  We will also go over the Area plan and give them an autographed Book: "Fearless in the Cause " for them to read. We are also going to watch 17 miracles. The point of the lesson is to motivate the spouses to keep our memories alive so that we are to keep our multi-generational families in the gospel the way the area plan states.

But before we even start I will go around introducing ourselves and finding out more about each one of us; The questions I will be asking are as follows:

What was the significance of our name? Were we named after a person in our family such as a grandmother, or was simply a name our mothers's loved.

What is the calling in our ward?

How is our family made up? Do we still have children at home or are we empty nesters?

The last question was depending on the color of the M&M

Four hours seemed a long time to plan a discussion but it will go fast if we all participate. I will write my next post when we get back from the Seminar.

Con amor,
Vero



No comments: