Thursday, April 27, 2017

Filippino Delicacies

Today the Latin Ladies had their luncheon at the most beautiful home I have been to so far. The group hosting the home made it a  Filipino theme since one member in the group is from the Philippines. The food was what would be expected. They had several dishes and some local traditional dishes as well including balut to see if anyone would dare try them. They first had one volunteer from each table and then we were all welcomed to try.

At this event I met one girl from Mexico, Lourdes who lives in valle verde and Carolina Suarez de Escalante from El Salvador who sadly is moving back to El Salvador in two months and the other woman there who came for the first time is another Veronica, there are three now in the group, she is  the wife of the Chilean Ambassador.

 I sat next to Sofia since she is the one teaching me how to knit. Next time I will try to find Carolina and sit by her. She was so happy to find someone else from our little "pulgarcito" and have exchanged email and phone numbers here in Manila. She is relocating again in El Salvador.

Sometimes I think it would be great if I was the Honorary Consul of El Salvador in the Philippines and meet all these women whom their husbands have posts here. I do have the time and the resources as well to get involved this time around but don't know how to go about it. I don't even know the where is the closest Consulate office in Asia.

I love meeting new people and today was a good day for that!

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: