Monday, April 24, 2017

Keeping a secret

One of the hardest things for me is to keep a secret. I am good a keeping confidential things a secret. I know of various times when to this day, I haven't said a word about something I know. Having said that, I have the hardest time when the secret is a surprise from me to my dear loved ones. Like when I buy a special gift and I have to keep it guarded until its time to give it away. I won't say much about this other than it will take place by he end of this week. I am looking so forward for this day to come like you can't even imagine.

This bit of excitement is what keeps me going. I love giving surprises but sometimes I worry that because they are not planned. they might not work out the way I envisioned so I have to do whatever it takes to still go with the plan but someone make sure that I don't mess up. That is what makes it tricky. I remember going to see my father on father's day before he passed away and I didn't tell anyone about it. I had an old friend pick me up at the airport and as I came in to his bedroom to where he was sitting and will never forget his face and how happy he was to see me. Another time it was mother's day and went to see her in Miami and again I did the same thing on my mother's birthday and surprised her in Mexico. I hope this does not become so normal that everyone will expect me to show up at anytime but I must say, the excitement is unbelievable.

I can't wait for this day to come.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: