Friday, April 7, 2017

Feeling old

Today I went to eat at Din Tai Fung,  my favorite Chinese restaurant here in Manila. It has the four N's I like at an  eating establishment. It has a Neat ambience, Nice service, Nutritiously delicious and Not expensive! Or in Spanish what my father used to call the three B's Bueno, Bonito y Barato.

We were invited as Relief Society sisters to say good bye to Cassi Wood who is moving to Toronto, Canada. I had heard of Toronto before because it is close to New York. As we sat around the table I realized how much older I am from the rest of the group. When did this happen? I used to be the youngest or at least the same age as the rest of the sisters in a group but now, I am a grandma. It just hit me all of the sudden that I am not young anymore.

All those girls between the ages of 30 to 40 could either be a daughter or a little sister of mine. Not too many ladies in our group our in their late 50's and therefore people look up at me for wisdom. Yikes! That means that I am closer to the harp than to the guitar. That means that Daniel and I better plan how we want to be spending our precious time.

Today, it sudenly hit me how much I need to do all the things that I love and learn new hobbies before I kick the sack like they say not that I am planning on it but it will eventually come. If you came to this earth there is only one way out because no one gets out of this world alive.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: