Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Bianca is on Mormon Channel

Bianca was featured on Mormon Channel today and here is what she said in that interview: 
"My name is Bianca Merkley and I sing "at the Heart of It"...
I wrote the song a couple of years ago after my husband and I had been trying to have children for a couple of years and we had been able to get pregnant a couple of times and had miscarried I wrote that song after having done fertility treatments and were so hopeful that is was going to work out and getting pregnant and was devastated at that loss and that song I felt I was inspired by the things that I learned I think that just my relationship with God was kind of matured.

I think, I thought of God as someone that gave me everything I wanted if I was doing all the right things like a kid thinks of Santa Claus, after that I felt that I was doing all the right things and this was a good thing and I really wanted that and I felt that I could understand his love despite what the circumstances were, wether I had a baby or not so the last line of that song is kind of where just takes a little rain for flowers to grow. That was the thought behind that song. ..
I have been singing and playing probably since I was eight or nine but I started playing the guitar in High School...I'm fascinated by how art and music allow us to communicate and connect in such deep and meaningful ways.
I've fallen in love with this quote recently by Brene Brown in her book, "The Gifts of Imperfection":
"Laughter, song, and dance create emotional and spiritual connection; they remind us of the one thing that truly matters when we are searching for comfort, celebration, inspiration, or healing: We are not alone."
Amen to that, is all I gotta say."
Con amor,

Vero

No comments: