Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Father's Day

Last weekend was a special weekend for us because we celebrated Father’s Day on Saturday going to our favorite pizza place and to see Wonder Woman. The next day on Sunday we got to sleep in!  Yay! 

We woke up late to have our breakfast at round 11:30 a.m. which consisted of eggs, hash browns, toast and orange- banana shake.  At 1:00 we left to attend a ward that started at 2:00 but we were still tired so when we got home we took a long nap. 

Later we spoke with many of you who called Daniel so thank you for calling and for you texts and posts on Facebook and Instagram to wish him a happy Father’s Day. I am so pleased to see so many of you wonderful dads who are excellent fathers and those future fathers. You are the best!  All our 16 grandchildren and our nieces and nephews have the best of dads. Congratulations to all of you!

I loved reading all the amazing tributes to our fathers yesterday! What sweet messages pictures and thoughts in that people described their fathers who are living or have passed away. Many people wrote of those wonderful teachings by their dads so here are a few of them. Enjoy! 

My Father Taught Me:

To do things right the first time.

To work hard.

To talk to the stars at night and then listen for their answers until day- break..

 How to love and provide for a family

 Service to others and patriotism

 All knowledge is within me!

 How to fish.

Fairness

 How to garden

 How to be brave and resilient. 

 To be good to your siblings, one day they will be all you have!

When I would tell on my brother for hitting me he would tell me to go tell them that I loved them. I didn't figure out how powerful that was until my 30s.
Integrity

 Honesty and respect

 Music.

To be kind and generous.

 Sense of humor.

 Patriotism no doubt

 My dad taught me that your back is never against the wall. There is always a way out.

 My Dad taught me how to throw a ball shoot a basketball, hit a ball, ride a bike before girls were supposed to. He helped me with my homework, encouraged me and sung to me.

All things in moderation.

My 96 year old WWII veteran father taught me that "nobody wins in a war."
·
Honesty. One time on vacation he ( my Dad) realized he was over paid on a transaction and he drove all the way back to the gas station to make it right.

My father taught me how to fix everything and how to love. 

 A love and appreciation of camping and the outdoors! I hiked King's Peak twice with my dad and we went camping every year. 

 My father taught me that we should help- out people stranger to you or not. Your empathy and compassion can change a life even in the smallest of gesture. 

He taught me  Hunting, fishing and panning for gold.

 My dad treated ALL people respectfully

 Mechanics, fishing, building & making furniture. 

 How to harmonize singing Christmas carols at Christmas time - 

Patriotism and how to sail and the boats.

 Plan, Perform, Complete! 

 How to live in the Mts.

 My father taught me How not to be!

 fly fishing

 Respect

 Dancing!

How to Drive.

To clean

 How to really listen when someone is speaking and taking a moment to think about your response.

Life is short, do what you are passionate about

 Advocating for yourself and being true to yourself .

 You have to be stronger than your problems...

...and the list goes on and on...

Last year we were in Utah during this special time but this year we decided to go in July instead. 

We are going to be traveling in just two weeks and we can’t wait!  

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: