Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Taytay

I had heard that the municipal government of Taytay had named it "garments capital of the world" so I went today to check it out. This is my first time going there so I didn't know what to expect. It is big with many vendors selling mostly discounted clothes. For women, men and children.

The prices are low because of low overhead. No air con in this place so come ready to sweat! You can find T-shirts for $2 dollars to a nice Zara dresses for $8 to give you an idea. The vendors are not pushy nor aggressive. It rained while we were there. The market is out in the open so be ready to get wet if it rains.

It was a very pleasant experience if you find what you are looking for. I wanted to find more Philippine type dresses but instead I found Forever 21 type of dresses and more modern type of garments. There were some leggings for about $3 dollars so I bought 10. The only problem are the sizes. I couldn't tell what they were and there is no place to try anything.

What I realized is that this is a place where you need to spend at least three hours minimum. There is so much to see and it takes an hour from the city to get there so in other words you will be spending all day shopping but well worth it!

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: