Saturday, June 3, 2017

Starting our fast eating out!

The Philippines has a strip mall in every corner and one that we used to frequent when we lived in Acropolis was the Eastwood Mall because it was not only walking distance from our old home but it also included an overpass and that is one thing I don't like about walking to the malls by La Isla so when I want to eat out, I prefer going to Eastwood.

Today we invited David Bowman to dinner since he is home alone. We went to "Outback" our favorite steak house. Each time I order something new in the menu but I am realizing that the meat will always be a good option. This is also the start of our fast and is the topic of my post today.

Elder Bowen has a good presentation about the law of the fast that he shared with us. He said:
A fast is 24 hours without food.
You only need to fast once a month.
A fast starts and ends with a prayer.
After the meetings, go to your "sacred grove" and kneel to pray for those things close to your heart.
A fast helps us read the scriptures in the time that you would have been eating.
A fast will strengthen our ability to resist temptation. Your mind over your body and interesting to know that when you are fasting you feel hungrier than ever but the hunger goes away after 24 hours.

Today I am starting the fast and because I just had a big meal I feel this fast is so needed!
My body needs it!

Con amor,
Vero








No comments: