Friday, June 2, 2017

It's a Girl!

Today I hosted a baby shower for Rygie, Daniel's secretary. She is due next month but her babies like to come much sooner than the due date.


For food I decided to have a huge salad bar which included everything you could ever have in a salad. For games, I prepared the three most popular games including guessing mother's size of her belly, guessing how many M & M's are in a bottle and the memory game where you place baby items on a tray for display that you have to write down by memory what those items were.  Those games have been around for decades but here in Manila, for most, it was the first time they played them.

Two more games were added like having mom leave the room so we could guess what she was wearing and what color of shoes, purse, watch, dress, nails, make up etc. the other game was simply to guess what she was naming her baby and what is the meaning of her name. We played hanging man using the first letter Y and the last letter A so everyone guessed it to be Yolanda but it actually is Yleanna.We went around the room guessing the meaning of her name: Miracle, Beautiful, etc. when it came to sister Crockett's turn she said "Sunshine" and that was it! She won and was so excited!! you would have thought she won a million dollars.

For party favors I made pop corn and put it in bowls with the "ready to pop" sign. The rest of the decorations were done by the other two secretaries, they both worked so hard.  I was so grateful I had my helper at home both days to prepare the food but even with a little help from my friends I stayed up till 3:00 in the morning finishing the last minute touches and wrapping the gifts.

My husband told me that we totally went all out, (budget wise) the party looked like those you pin from pinterest and the food and presents were fabulous! I love baby showers! I wonder who is next?

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: