Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dinner with President Flake

Our new temple President is Garry Flake who Daniel knows so well. He and his wife have invited me to be a temple worker on Wednesday afternoons. Mornings are great also because not too many people come but at night there are some workers that need to get home early and I only live a few feet away. I think that the night shift will probably work better for me.


On Tuesdays I am going to teach a class at the Institute something I always have wanted to do. I love teaching! I love making a difference in the lives of young minds. I can't hardly wait when classes start again next fall. I was reading this from a blogger that caught my attention:


"I think it’s important to stop every now and then and ask yourself if you are paying enough attention to the impact you have on others. Are your actions making other people’s lives better? Or are your actions making other people’s lives worse? The answer is either one or the other, so it’s critical that you be aware of what that answer is….
I think if all of us made the effort to pay attention to the impact we had on others that we could be a constant force for good. We could constantly make sure that we are lifting people up and making situations better and improving things around us. All it takes is just paying a little more attention to your own behavior so you don’t let yourself slip into doing things that are negative. Focus on being a positive force!"

She makes a good point on asking ourselves what kind of impact we are making in the lives of people around us. We sometimes are not aware but young people look up to us and are watching to see the way we conduct ourselves in certain situations. In this regard I hope to be a force for good.

No comments: