Friday, June 20, 2014

Procastination

Today I was thinking why do we procrastinate? and I say WE because I am not the only one who does it. The only explanation I can think of  is that we hate to do tasks we don't like. Example:  It was tax day on April 15 but every year with an extension we have an additional six more months to get everything in.


 Well time has gone by and I still have not gotten around getting a few receipts together to give to our tax guy and we are going to be in Utah next Monday  a date I had set in my mind to have it all turned in. Today I have to spend all day searching for that information. He writes in a email in big red letters UNRESOLVED!


 The extra insurance for the  home in Lehi paid for 2013 and how much. I have to call them directly to find out or go through all my credit card charges for that specific vendor.
 Expenses for the City Creek apartment. We closed at the end of November so we probably paid at closing but I have to find the exact date and the amount for HOA dues and utilities paid. Etc. Etc.


Why is it so hard to get all the receipts for our taxes? We know it comes every year and by the time I am done with the previous year is about time to start the next one. I should have a better system. I thought I was doing o.k. by having all the bills paid in one place by month paid so I could go each year and take a look at what expenses we had for the previous year. The problem is there is so much information to go through and it is so much time consuming. I need to start a better system than what I got. I have to start thinking now about taxes due in April for next year instead of waiting for the last minute the way I am doing now.  I blog post I saw the other day came to mind on this subject I want to share to end this post.


“Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task.” ~William James
Time is precious.  And we can’t ever get it back.  So today’s challenge is to take a look at what you have been putting off in your life….figure out what have you been procrastinating that you really should just get done…THEN DO IT, NOW!
 “There are a million ways to lose a work day, but not even a single way to get one back.” ~Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister
DO IT NOW…You will feel so much better when you do!




No comments: