Friday, June 6, 2014

Remembering our fathers

Yesterday I hardly could stand it. Daniel out of town and I am here home alone with no internet. I don't know why this kind of thing usually happens when he is not around. I miss him so much on days like this when all I have to say is Daniel, come fix my computer and in just one minute it gets fixed. He is so good a fixing things. I just stare at all those cables and freeze. I decided to call the office to see if the mechanics were in town and they came to fix the internet. As I got to read my emails I find a memo from Andres that would make any parent proud. It reads: Last week the Board of Directors met and elected corporate and operating officers of the Company. Below are listed the names of the individuals so elected. (And among those names was Andy Almeida.) As you will notice by reading the above list, we have a new officer at the company- Andy Almeida. I am very pleased that Andy's contributions and skills were recognized by the Board of Directors in this way. Andy is a wonderful human being and an easy individual wit whom to collaborate. In his new role as Vice President, Andy will have responsibility for both the international Benefits and Communications departments.... Join me in congratulating Andy on his election as a Company officer. I believe Andy is the way he is because he had a good father that taught him to be a hard worker and Daniel had a father who also taught him well. How fortunate it is to come from good stock!


Yesterday I hosted the ladies luncheon at the house and the time came when we each got to tell about our fathers. Jill told us of her son who had never met his grandfather but wrote and essay of someone who had impacted his life and it was so touching the things he told about his grandpa he never met. Keeli told us how her father love taking them camping to appreciate nature and the wonderful creations of our Father in Heaven. Enma told us that even though her father was not involved in her life that now she has been able to do the work for and him feels more connected than ever before. Tami was very emotional when she told us how much she has learned from reading her grandfather's journal.


When it came my turn, I told them how my father always thought of me as a very good girl.  I would be called Santa Veronica at times because of the way he viewed me and told people about me. My father was proud of me and because he thought so highly of me, I wanted to be good to fulfill this prophecy. I could never compare my father with all those nice men these ladies had for fathers or the father Daniel had who was even the Patriarch in their Stake but it is what I was given. My father was not the best but for Salvadoran standards he was not the worst either. I know of a few fathers who you would have nothing nice to say about them and that is sad.


Today I went to the temple because I had a horrible headache since that had lasted three days and was not going away. I went to do initiatories and felt blessed. My headache went away. At the temple I sat by sister Flake and seriously think that I should help out as a worker. I'll check it out when I get back from our trip to Utah in a couple of weeks. I called Bianca and also told her of checking into becoming a temple worker in New York during this hard time in her life. I think it will help her tremendously. I want to be in New York so bad. I wished I could fly over there today to spend the weekend with her but Bianca does not want me to spend that kind of money when we are planning on being there at the end of the month on our way to Utah. I pray that she finds peace and one way to do my part is attending the temple. I can't think of what else I could do.

No comments: