Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Consular duties

Today I fellow Salvadoran sent me an email asking help with getting a work permit. I replied to him with the phone number in Las Vegas where he needs to call. Is too bad no one in Utah can help him.
One of the things I did to help my Salvadoran community in Utah was to be very involved as the Honorary Consul. Many Honorary Consul all over the world are inactive, they don't do anything but show up for any important events. The wasn't me, I was busy in Utah helping in all kinds of situations. Many of the people I helped were undocumented. Men and Women trying to make a better life for their children. I never got a dime for doing this, on the contrary, I spent thousands of dollars of my own money. The Consulate from Las Vegas came to Utah every two months and I did every ting for them. From getting them from and back to the airport to their meals and all the logistics of where they would hold the Consulate affairs but since I left they only come about once every two years. In five years they have only come three times. I could have easily not said anything about me moving to the DR and they would have never known. I have done my part with the new administration. I have given them two names for them to choose and my opinion on the best person they could possibly have as an Honorary Consul but they never did anything with that. For that reason when I am in El Salvador again next year if I happened to have moved back to Utah, I would asked them to appoint me again since they were never interested in Silvia Allred or Edgardo Carbajal. Two honorable Salvadorans with impeccable reputation and character.

No comments: