Monday, April 4, 2016

April Conference 2016

Hello family:

This past weekend we were able to listen to numerous talks from our dear leaders during General Conference and for the fist time we had to stay up late to watch it live. I look forward to Conference Weekend every April and October because it is one of the few times that I sit still long enough to completely fill my inspirational charger. We tend to remember those talks from the people we know so well the most but they are all good. I love these men of God. 

The subjects generally range from being kind to everyone, do service, repent, the importance of the priesthood keys, forgiving others, the importance of fatherhood and family, our personal relationship with God, The Holy Spirit, come to the rescue, see yourself inside the temple. That one felt closed to my heart because every time we move to a new place we try at all possible to live close to the temple. Nothing will ever be like next door the way it was in the DR but somewhat close. Is in the temple where I have felt the incredible love of my Heavenly Father and understood his love for me and for all His children.  He has no favorites. I understood that all our trials serve a purpose for our own growth and help us become even better people. 

I don’t know why we didn’t just wait for the next day like everyone else does here in the Philippines but maybe it is because we are not used to watching it any other way. We wanted to know who the new General authorities called were and also if they were announcing new temples. I am always amazed at all the temples we have today and hope that the people in Nicaragua and Puerto Rico will get theirs someday. 

Saturday morning session begins at midnight for us, if we want to stay and watch the rest of the sessions, it means staying up all night so we did just that. On Sunday we only stayed up for the first session because Daniel had to go to work early Monday morning. 

All the talks were wonderful. When you think of it. They are 10 hours (give and take a few minutes) over the course of two days watching inspirational and motivational talks.  At the end of watching Conference I always feel incredibly inspired and motivated to be a better person, to try harder each day and see things with a eternal perspective. I feel like my batteries have been charged and I am ready to take on the world again. Yay!

There is a huge benefit to stepping back from the daily routine in order to stop and re charge our batteries; This can be done by listening to those talks over again in the next six months, at least that is what I plan to do. Anytime I listen to one of those talks, my day goes so well.  Adding little bits of inspiration throughout our day will help us stay happier and healthier. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: