Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Manila Aquarium

Three missionary couples and I went to the Manila Aquarium.  I didn't know what to expect since I thought it was all inside so I was dressed in pants and a long sleeve shirt. What a mistake! It was mostly outdoors and very hot!! I had a hanky to clean my face covered with my makeup running down with big drops of sweat. If there is one thing I hate is sweating. Not the ideal outing for me, but somehow I managed to stay cool by drinking a lot of liquids.

The Aquarium has a few good attractions like all aquariums do but this one at 6:30 p.m. puts on a light show mixed with water and fire. It was good. One thing I noticed is that the Aquarium is right on the ocean. They have a hotel by the name of H2O and a lot of shops and eating establishments within the aquarium. You can literary spend all day there. We came around three and left at seven after the light show but we could have come in at ten when it opened. I always keep thinking of my grandkids and how much they would have enjoyed the animals there.

What is interesting to me is the advertisement they have is amazing but when you are there, you realized how unkept and dated this place is and how no one really takes good care of the facilities. Pretty sad but that was the impression I got. The bird show and the sea lions show was a little overrated. Nothing spectacular. (I guess I am used to the animal shows on Sea World so I am a little spoil. ) Daniel couldn't come with me and probably that was the other thing that made this outing not as fun. I don't have to be entertained too much as long as I am with Daniel. I guess all my complaining has to do mostly because Daniel was not with me but to think of it, it was probably one of those things he would have not enjoyed too much either because the sun was unbearable and he gets burn easily.

No comments: