Friday, April 15, 2016

Out of reach

Today I came back from an adventure. I went with a widow, Linda Camilleri  (Terah Bromley's mother) to a resort out of no where.  we were there from Wednesday April 13 to Friday April 15th. I actually didn't now anything about where we were going but I trusted that Linda and I would be just fine. She was inviting Jeana Hill and Caroline Taylor but they couldn't come. Jeana was going to travel to South Africa where she is moving and Caroline is busy.

The only problem is that I had no service so for two and a half days I couldn't call anyone or email or see anything because there was no radio or TV to watch. For almost three days I was not aware of anything going on on this world. I was out of touch with the cares of this world. Amazing! Daniel was a little worried but somehow he got word that I was just fine. Apparently Linda did have service so it was my phone the problem.

For those three days I went for walks on the beach and read books lying on a hummock and ate delicious fish. We went out to see the fishermen pulled a big net one morning and saw how they all divide up the fish each time they go out. Sometimes they don't go if the water is too rough.

The place where we stayed was not a five star hotel but the owner was very nice and treated us very well. She cooked every meal and gave us the best she had. I would like to come back someday but with Daniel. I don't enjoy this kind of trips without him.

what I got out of this experience is that we don't need too much to be happy.

No comments: