Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday dinner

I have been forgetting how fun it feels to have people over for dinner. We cooked for an army like always but it was all so yummy. Daniel made some choripanes and his famous rice and I made pico de gallo, cole slaw, fruit salad, avocado salad and 7 layer salad. I even made some homemade lemonade with mint. We had some brazo gitano that I bought a S & R (Costco) and it was great!

There is a group of people in town from Salt Lake that are doing a review of the operations in our beehive clothing factory.  Three of them are from Guatemala, Honduras and El salvador so I felt right at home.

At our Sunday dinner conversation, I found out that a good friend of ours, Carlos Merino, is ill. He has some kind of tumor and is dying. I will go see him next time I am in town. He was one of those ministering angels that came out of no where to help me out on my darkest days. I can't believe how much his health has deteriorated in only a few years. Even three years ago, we were planning Mandy's wedding  and he was fine.

Today also marks the Anniversary of when I became a U. S. citizen almost 30 years ago, on April 17th 1987.  I remember that day like it was yesterday. If I had petition for my only sister Vanessa who is not a U. S. citizen, back then when she was still single, she would be a citizen by now but that what happens when you procrastinate or maybe there was a good reason why we never thought about getting it done.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: