Monday, March 20, 2017

I believe in Prayers

I believe in prayers!
  
I want to thank all of you for your prayers on Asher’s behalf. It was very kind for some to send kind notes and encouraging thoughts to me since I am so far away. It meant a lot to me. Thank you! I believe in prayers.

 I always worry when children are placed on oxygen. I think is probably because it reminds me of a time when Mandy contracted RSV when we were visiting family in Utah. Everybody wanted to touch the baby and some people even had bad colds. She ended up at Primary’s Children because she couldn’t breathe on her own. She was one month old when this happened. The color was gone from her face and turned blue as she lay there looking so fragile and lifeless. It was very scary for a mom to see but I have to say that the doctors and the nurses were fantastic and so caring for her. Mandy was in intensive care but eventually we were able to bring her safely home. I am grateful Asher got to be treated there too. The care at Primary’s is the best! They are so amazing!

In my scripture reading I had marked the scripture found on Alma 37:36 “Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.” I had a very meaningful prayer like no other the other day. I could tell that prayer was different. I did it with all my heart and mind and soul and I thought why not ask our dear family to pray with us? so thank you for praying with us from the bottom of my heart!

Today I was going to take some time to tell you more about Elder Bednar’s visit but I decided to post a talk he gave on prayer. “Ask in Faith” (April 2008) when the Ensign came out, I remember reading this and truly feeling something special when I read the following I want to share.

“I long have been impressed with the truth that meaningful prayer requires both holy communication and consecrated work. Blessings require some effort on our part before we can obtain them, and prayer, as “a form of work, … is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings…

Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other” (Bible Dictionary, “Prayer,” 752–53). Humble, earnest, and persistent prayer enables us to recognize and align ourselves with the will of our Heavenly Father…

The object of our prayers should not be to present a wish list or a series of requests but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is eager to bestow, according to His will and timing. Every sincere prayer is heard and answered by our Heavenly Father, but the answers we receive may not be what we expect or come to us when we want or in the way we anticipate…

Prayer is a privilege and the soul’s sincere desire. We can move beyond routine and “checklist” prayers and engage in meaningful prayer as we appropriately ask in faith and act, as we patiently persevere through the trial of our faith, and as we humbly acknowledge and accept “not my will, but Thine, be done. I witness the reality and divinity of our Eternal Father, of His Only Begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Ghost. I testify that our Father hears and answers our prayers. May each of us strive with greater resolve to ask in faith and thereby make our prayers truly meaningful. I so pray in the sacred name of the Lord Jesus Christ,  amen.” Elder Bednar

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: