Monday, March 13, 2017

I love learning!

 I love  learning!


From March 4th to March 9th, 2017 we had the great privilege of attending another amazing DTA cluster meeting. I discover how much I love learning from a room full of incredibly smart people! 

Last week I attended another cluster meeting. This time the meeting was held in Australia. Whenever I get a chance to attend those cluster meetings It feels  exceptional to sit back and watch as each person shares their views from their different angles and then to see the ideas flow from the discussion. I learned a lot last week from the people I was able to meet with, and it was a really great experience.

As I sat in the meeting I was thinking to myself how we don’t do enough of those types of discussions.  Discussions with a group of diverse people, from different backgrounds, that can just sit in a room and talk openly about how we view a topic. 

 The discussions are the most interesting when you are not trying to necessarily come to an answer, but rather, you are simply sharing information and experiences that have led you to hold the views you hold on a subject.  It’s nice because there isn’t a right or a wrong to the discussion, just the sharing of information in order to get your wheels turning. What I was reminded of most today was the fact that I love to learn.  I really do. 

 I absolutely love it when I can learn new things, or explore new topics, or broaden my horizons, or see things in a new light because I have more facts to help form my views.  There is something so energizing about gaining intelligence!  I loved being reminded of that!  It’s so easy to get caught up in the “norm” of just doing the day-to-day, and the problem with that is that it keeps your mind from expanding and learning new things or exploring new ideas. In fact, I have come to recognize that the day-to-day routine is a complete creativity obstruction!  And it must be stopped! 

And so I have decided that I will be committing a dedicated amount of time every week that I will use to learn something new – so I will spend that time either reading a great motivational book, or having a group discussion with a room of incredibly smart and diverse people, or learning a new skill  – the bottom line is that I will dedicate that time to learning!   And I would challenge all of you reading this to make that same commitment to learn something new each week as well. I am tuning in each week to Cristi's Facebook page on parenting (because even when I no longer have small children at home, I am a grandmother.) And then we can all hang out together and share our new found intelligence with one another and that will make us even smarter!   That is genius!! Have a great week all you smart and wonderful people! Love you!

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: