Friday, March 31, 2017

Crying

Crying

“Crying is how your body speaks when your mouth can’t explain the pain you feel.”

The truth is that I cry at weddings, funerals, movies, I cry easily. I am an emotional person and I especially cry when I see one of my children cry. Yesterday my husband was out of town and I went on to listen to my daughter Cristi do her live Facebook Parenting video and I cried. 

I cried because I wanted to be with her and I can’t. I live in the Philippines and she lives in Boise Idaho.

 As excited as I am for my new phase of life, this week has been much harder than I ever anticipated.  The Area Presidency who all live in the same apartment complex we do went home for General Conference. It’s amazing how close you grow to people when you work with them day in and day out for almost two years. You learn from their example. You see each other go through trials.  You see each other’s joys.  You see each other overcome challenges. You see each other’s successes.  You celebrate the births and mourn the deaths together.  You really do become like a family and for that reason I wished we had also gone to Utah with them.  

And that is why I decided that today, it is okay for me to cry.  This weekend as I will listen to General Conference it’s okay for me to process those feelings of sadness and change knowing I am so far away from our children and grandchildren who reside in Utah. Normally I say to people “be strong, there is no need to cry because it is all going to be okay in the end”, but the fact is that every now and then I think it is okay to have a good cry and let it all out, and so today I won’t feel bad for crying. My children and grandchildren are truly worth crying over!

I need to look at all the good things and blessings happening to us. We have been so lucky and it has been such an honor to have people of incredible caliber as a part of our life each day.  They made getting up and coming to work for my husband each day an incredible experience.  They made the tough times easier and the happy times more joyous.  I can honestly say that I have been the luckiest wife of a DTA in the entire world.

The love and support our friends, brothers and sisters, employees and missionaries have given us these last seven plus years has been truly humbling. 

When I saw my daughter crying I was taken and truly thankful for all the expressions of love, support and outpouring of kindness she received right on the spot. It was truly overwhelming and it has been more meaningful to me to see angels administering to her, including her sister Bianca who is visiting her at this very crucial time.

 Thank you Cristi for your passion to teach parenting techniques to women who are trying their best to be better mothers and who want to change their lives and the lives of their children for the better.  I love you more than I could ever put into words and that you will ever know.  I hope that whatever is making you feel sad would be another wonderful opportunity to grow.

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: