Sunday, January 3, 2016

56 and counting...

Today is my 56th birthday! I hate to compare but last year we had a fun party with Mariachis. It was a lot of fun celebrating with my friends in the DR compare to this year, home with a cold. But what is important is that Daniel was very sweet to me. He gave me a beautiful pearl earrings, cooked dinner for me and made me feel like a queen. I also got call from the children and the girls who gave me a beautiful necklace. How neat it was to see my beautiful girls via facetime. I love how we can all be in different parts of the world and still be connected. Mandy was in Hawaii, Cristi and Bianca were in Boise and I am in Manila. I also received over 200 congratulatory remarks on my Facebook feed. Over all, I can't complain, my birthday was great! It is a custom to blow candles and ask for a wish. I don't have a wish for me but I do have one for my sister. 

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. And if you think about it, for everyone in this world today is the first day of the rest of their life as well. And they didn't have to have a birthday for that! I don't have a particular wish for me on my birthday but I do have a special wish for my little sister. I believe that this wish will come true if she works for it.

 Many calls it the power of positive thinking or the law of attraction or the secret. I think of a wish as faith and hope combined with action. If she does all she needs to do to make the right choices and the rest she leaves it to God, having faith that He will make whatever wish is best for her come true. It will happen. I also trust that He knows what's better for her even more than I do. He knows everything and He never gets it wrong. So ultimately little sister, if you do your best and trust in Him, you are guaranteed to have your greatest wish come true. Today is my birthday and even though I feel a little under the weather, I am grateful not to have to ask for the same wish I have been asking for so many years. It finally came true last year as Bianca gave birth to Ruby. What a blessing this is! Now I hope my next wish comes a little sooner. 

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: