Friday, January 1, 2016

A white Christmas Vacation

Christmas of 2015 will be remembered as a time spent in Utah from December 10th to the 30th. We experienced  the usual snowy days but with the warmth of dear family members including my mom, sister and nephew who came to Utah from the sunny warm weather in Florida was priceless!  They arrived on December 20th.

It was also one vacation where we were sick for most of it. We hardly did anything for the first ten days. Being so ill, forced us to stay inside our apartment and to simply enjoy the beautiful City Creek apartment doing nothing. We think that it was our body making us stay in  bed to slow down our pace but it complicated all our plans to visit our friends and even the grandchildren. We couldn't see them until we felt fine and not contagious.

Although feeling drowsy, we did managed to attend the temple On December 17th as Valentina got her endowments in the Bountiful temple. It was a special day for our family and also it was her special birthday. This is what I like to call a white Christmas! The 18th was the Christmas concert with the Tabernacle choir and the 19th was my friend Chachis Christmas party that got skipped.

On Sunday October 20th Mandy invited us to her ward for a Christmas program. What a treat that was. That night my mom arrived and it was a different story. We felt a lot better, had gone to see the doctor who prescribed me some antibiotics and it worked. Daniel didn't need them because his cold was getting much better when we went but mine could potentially turned to Pneumonia, she said. My lungs always get a chronic asthma or bronchitis after a cold. But by the 20th we were feeling better and that is when our vacation really began. We did managed to get a few doctor appointments in such as our last dental and eyes etc.

Every day from that point on was busy traveling to Idaho the day before Christmas, eating at three homes on Christmas Eve and visiting my friend Maria on that special day for her birthday.  On Christmas day my sister and nephew went skiing.

On the 26th we hosted a party for our friends from Argentina and the next day after Church we drove to Saint George and Las Vegas. Monday I went to the Consulate there to do the paper work and came back to to Salt Lake in time to see Star Wars.

The next day was Owen first birthday and our last day in Utah. It went so fast. It always seems that we needed an extra day to really enjoy our time there but we ruined like crazy trying to do it all and to make things worse, Mandy also got sick and needed me to take her to the doctor.

The visit from Florida was over as we took them to the airport that night. We then got home and started like crazy to clean and pack for the next morning when we flew back to Hong Kong. The plane didn't make it in time to catch the connection to Manila so we stayed the night of New Years in Hong Kong but that was even better for us so the the people from the office got to spend New Years with their families without having to worry about picking us up at the airport just minutes after 12:00 We were scheduled to land at 12:20 AM not very convenient.

We brought with us six suitcases of stuff including all the presents and a crockpot. I got a relapsed of the bad cold and have not felt well since we arrived but hope I will get to feel better soon. It is now January 1st and we are back in Manila. My mother and sister are back home in Florida but Mandy and spencer managed to get out of the cold and are spending this time with Spencer's family in Hawaii. Not a bad place to end the year.

2015 was a very memorable year bringing so many changes including our move to Manila, my mom's open hear surgery and move to Orlando and three new grandchildren. I am so grateful for my life, my faith, my family, and all the neat experiences I have been granted this past year. I can't deny the hand of the Lord in my life and in the lives of my family. I hope this year I get to be a better person and to always look up to Heaven and be grateful to all I have keeping up my spirit and my faith. Never giving up hope.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: