Saturday, January 23, 2016

Trip to Taal

We had gone to see this volcano in the past but never climbed it. This time I had the opportunity to actually do some climbing. The missionaries invited us to join in but Daniel had to stay home and work so I went on my own.

It was hot, the heat made it truly hard and at one point I felt that I was about to faint. I had noticed that I wasn't the only one in the group feeling this way but  they were a lot older than me. I knew I could do it. I needed more water than what I had brought with me. Lucky for me, at the precise time that I felt like I was about to pass out, we came to the top and there, I found people selling water, other drinks including cold coconut. I love the juice of fresh coconut. What a treat this was! Over all this is what I learned from this experience.

Sometimes in life we have to do hard things that seemed almost impossible. I for one couldn't believe how some people hike this volcano every day. The guide does and many other people in that village however, I was feeling so tired. Even though I love to hike. I very much enjoy it, but why was it so hard this time around. Could it be that I am getting older?

There is something so inspiring about people who go up against the odds, who give the very best, and who continue giving their best to the bitter end. I felt I gave it all I had till the bitter end and I made it to the top without fainting which was at one point my worry. Now I have learned to bring more water than you think you would need and perhaps next time I will not experience the fatigue.

No comments: