Saturday, August 20, 2016

Bianca's birthday and other reminders

31 years ago On August 20th 2005 I went to the Hospital to get checked and sure enough, a baby was on her way into this world. This baby was fast. Less than two hours she was born. A beautiful girl so perfectly formed. We didn't know what name to give her and in fact we first named her Tess Jacquele but changed the name to Bianca Nicole. She was the perfect child. The girl all mothers wished their sons would marry.

One day on a beautiful August 19th 2005 Bianca married Joseph Merkley and for years they wanted a child of their own and  finally the day finally came ten years later. It is no fun to go through hard things. It's a bummer when things don't go the way we want them to. It's scary to go through difficult circumstances. Its painful to suffer loss. But all of those things are what helps grow and we become stronger. All of those things make us into someone who is a better person.

For years I was upset at God for not allowing a special daughter her wish. I didn't understand and  would ask why? why her? My dear husband said to me. "You need to have faith and trust. You need to trust whatever happens. He is the only one who knows the why, just have faith that things will work out in the end and trust Him." I had to. I had no other choice than to get on my knees and simply thank Him for whatever I had that was good without whining about what wasn't. I imagined He knew best since He knew the end from the beginning. I only knew the now.

This quote comes to mind when I think of Bianca: " What you and I might rate as an absolute disaster, God may rate as a pimple- level problem that will pass. He views your life the way you view a movie after you've read the book. When something bad happens, you feel the air sucked out of the theater. Everyone else gasps at the crisis on the screen. Not you. Why? you've read the book. You know how the good guy gets out of the tight spot. God views your life with the same confidence. He's not only read your story...He wrote it! Max Lucado

Have faith and don't ever give up hope. Great things are still to come.

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: