Monday, August 22, 2016

Praying for comfort and peace



Last week I got word that Jesse N. Menlove, my friend Chachis’ daughter, gave birth to a baby boy who died. I don’t know exactly the circumstances except what Brandon wrote on Facebook. “yesterday was the best day of our lives and yet the hardest. We were able to give birth to a beautiful boy who was actually too perfect to join us here on earth. God needs him more in heaven... we love our little boy Easton and know that we will be reunited with him again in heaven…He has perfect hands and cute little toes. Brown curly hair and a perfect button nose…we love you Easton! See you soon. " They showed a video of him with his eyes closed. When I spoke with Chachis, she said: “He was a perfect beautiful baby and was so perfect that he didn’t need to remain on this earth, all he needed was to obtain a body.”

Her oldest daughter Jenny wrote: “Nothing has been harder than surviving through probably the hardest week of my life…watching my baby sister live through my absolute worst nightmare... When I got the call from… my mom hysterical on the other line I knew immediately and have never felt more helpless or more heartache and pain…Jesse gave birth to the most perfect, handsome little boy. He and Jesse were both completely healthy the entire pregnancy so to get this news on the day she was due was especially hard and confusing. We still don’t know why or how, but one thing I am grateful for is the plan of salvation, and that I will get to meet and hold my little nephew Easton one day. Brandon and Jesse are two very especial people and are loved very much. I am blown away by the love, support, and kind words we have received and I want to thank everyone… Your texts and prayers and comments are so much appreciated.” Nevertheless, even with the knowledge that he is now with Jesus, it is a hard thing to deal as a parent and grandparent because you want to see those babies grow up. Her grandson was taken from this life and now her family is heartbroken.


Chachis and I met while attending The LDS Business College in 1980 and we have remained good friends ever since for over the past thirty-six years. It is very easy to have a friend like Cha because she is an amazing woman and incredible friend. She is kind, caring and she is always thinking of others and doing for others. We truly care for one another and feel for each other’s pains. It about kills me to think how much pain and sorrow she must be feeling. My heart aches when I think about what happened. I can only imagine the shock, sadness, devastation and a million of other emotions all at the same time she must have felt when she learned of the news.


I have been thinking of what I could do, how could I help and what could I say. But from a distance at night all we can do is pray for comfort and peace in their hearts. Jesse and Brandon Menlove would have been wonderful parents for this child so I hope that the day will come when they will get to raise children. Her sister and sister in law are also expecting. They were so exited to think of the cousins playing together.  

What is so remarkable about my dear friend Cha is that even as she is experiencing this hard trial she is thankful. This was her last post on Facebook:  “We're so thankful for your prayers, l know that some of you know that Jesse and Brandon Menlove lost their baby. Today was a special day to see their son Easton Brandon Menlove born on this earth, and then return back to his Heavenly Father. He had a perfect body and a great spirit. I love you Easton we will see you again. You will be our example and help us focus on how to live.”

For those of us like me who has an angel sister (Maria Cristina, born the same way) up there in heaven, I will try to be the best I can be so that someday I will be allowed to be with her too.  

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: