Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Visiting Teaching

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to other: What! You too? I thought I was the only one?" C. S. Lewis

Yesterday we went visiting teaching with Silvia Pena.  This was our first time visiting  Caroline Taylor and Leigh Ann Bowman in their homes. In the past we had gone somewhere to have lunch or something.  What I love about visiting teaching is that we get to talk about a subject and get to know the ladies we visit better to form friendships.

It felt so good to spend some time talking about our experiences between us. As we began taking we discovered that we have gone through similar experiences in our lives and that is when you can see the bods of friendship begin to form and deepened as we could easily relate to things we have gone through. There is something really comforting when you discover others who can relate to how you feel or how you have felt. I think that is often the ting that leads to lifelong friendships.

Caroline has eleven children. We have ten and one in heaven. Leigh Ann loves to scrapbook and so do I. Silvia is from Uruguay and so is my husband. It is often in life that we take time to truly plug and get away from everything and just put ourselves in a situation where we can really spend time talking with one another. I think that is one of the many reasons I love visiting teaching where you can just talk. We get so distracted these days by our addition to our computers and cell phones that we never take the time to talk to people about meaningful things.

Try doing this with a family member.  The only way it is ever going to happen is if we force ourselves to make the effort and make it a priority. But I can tell you is worth doing big time! It is what I intend to do tonight when Daniel gets home. I am grateful for the amazing husband and friends I am blessed to associate with in my life. And as busy as life is here in Manila for my husband, we will take the time to unplug! He will not remember in ten years the things he did at work today but he will remember if we spent time doing something fun together.

A challenge for this month is to make time to unplug and talk to people that matters to your life and make time to make a ew new friends as well. One day, when you look back at this week you will remember it if you do.

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: