Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pearls anyone?

There is a place here in the Philippines called Greenhills mall where people buy just about anything from toys to clothes to souvenirs. I went pear shopping today and bought enough pearls to give everyone on my Christmas list, the problem is I already have given out so many peals that I forgot who I have been given them to and who I haven't! I guess I'll figure it out.

I also found some other cute souvenirs for people to take to Utah and even El Salvador when I go in October. I can't wait!! What it's so amazing is that you can find things like Praga bags or Rolex watches for $20.00 and  here is the thing, how do you ever know if something is fake or not? I guess the price should be the clue! Daniel came home today Hong Kong and brought  me a nice emerald bracelet that looks like plastic from the distance but it's real stone because he paid a fortune for it. Real stone sometimes it's so good that looks fake and plastic it's can have the same effect when it's a good imitation. You never know!

Next time I go, I will take an expert who knows all the people at that mall and find out really if what I bough today was worth it. You always worry that you pay too much for things as a foreiner than a Filipino would for the same thing. I did have a budget of $200 or 10,000 pesos. That is my limit each time I go shopping because if I don't do that, I will probably be braking the bank. I just love to start thinking about Christmas shopping!

Con amor,

Vero






No comments: