Saturday, September 3, 2016

A new birthday and a new home.


Maricela  is the baby in the family. Parents have often been accused of bestowing an unseemly amount of affection upon their youngest offspring and pretty much spoiling their last child and perhaps now baby is in her late thirties and has babies of her own like my baby sister. It matters not, for in the hearts of those who love her most, the youngest child will always be the baby and this is case the of Mari.

She is dealing with many issues as a divorced single mom but I know in the end she will find real happiness with someone who would appreciate her for her goodness. She is an amazing loving person. She is not judgmental and has a way to forgive and forget easily. She holds no grudges to anyone even when they have wronged her. She is a year older today and a little wiser.

I wanted so much for her and my mom to have a permanent home in Orlando. They had been renting a nice condo but I felt in my heart that there is nothing more comforting than owning your own place where you can really call it your own so I sold an apartment in El Salvador to use all of that money to pay for half of a  condo in the same neighborhood they live. The other half we had to borrow.

Daniel was very surprised that I actually did that because it happened so fast! The only catch is that we would be renting the condo to my sister until they decide to move and at that point we would sell it. We are not interested in being landlords to someone else long distance. They also know that if for any reason they can't pay the rent one month, we won't worry about it.

I am happy Daniel came on board and helped me purchase the unit. We had to take a loan for the difference to pay cash so on July 7th, it was a done deal. My little sister who is taking care of my mom has a place to call her own. Happy birthday little sis and hope you are enjoying your new home!

Con amor,
Vero




No comments: