Monday, September 5, 2016

Four weeks until General Conferene

I hope you are enjoying a fun labor day weekend! For Sydney is even more special because it’s her birthday! Holidays are so much fun; it’s probably because of the anticipation of the events and gatherings that we know will be so fun on the holidays. It’s why we love having vacation planned for the future so we can spend months planning for it, getting prepared for it, and talking about how excited we are! Having something fun on the schedule like that can make the drudgery of the day -to -day go by in a much more pleasant manner.

Having something to be excited about in the future days can make it easier to cope with hard days because it stands as a light at the end of your tunnel. In fact, sometimes the joy that comes from the anticipation will surpass the joy that comes from the event itself. For example, I can look forward to my next trip to Utah for General Conference in three weeks or 22 days to be exact and 34 days for Paola’s farewell before she goes on her mission to Brazil.  There are 16 weeks until Christmas where we get to spend it visiting family in Uruguay this year, and 18 weeks before my birthday when I get to celebrate it in Orlando. Yes, having something to look forward to in my life is a great way to keep me focused on being positive and excited about the future. Daniel knows this so well because is when he sees me take my suitcases out.

I love getting out my calendar and add the dates of all the fun things we are looking forward to. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Where you live, it can be something as simple as going for a drive to see the leaves changing colors, or going to a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins for carving, or taking a weekend road trip or visiting an old friend. I love scheduling several things in the coming weeks and months that will give me something to look forward to and then I get all excited every day as I count the days to the next exciting adventure. Back in the day I used to love planning Halloween parties at the Heber Farm.

Believe it or not, here in the Philippines this is the time of the year when people start thinking about Christmas. The stores are full of merchandise and you are exposed to Christmas music wherever you go so I have taken out the nativities to decorate our home already if you can imagine that!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: