Thursday, September 15, 2016

A day to remember.

Our ADORABLE baby Asher is turning one today!!

 I am grateful that I was there. Yes, a year ago I happened to be in Idaho when Brooks took Cristi to the hospital so I stayed home with the boys. Asher was born late that night on the 15th. That was the first time ever for me to be near. I had never been in town when any of the grandchildren were born so far so that was a treat for me. I had to be there because Bianca gave birth to Ruby prematurely.



Oh My goodness how I value every second I get to spend with them now that I live on the other side of the world. Saying goodbye to my grandkids about kills me each time. But I am excited to see how our grandchildren finally remember who we are.  We are not strangers anymore.  I can't complain though, it hasn't been too bad. I know of some ex-pats who only get to go home Once a year. I get to go at least twice or more each year. This year we came in June to spend father's day which was a dream come true and now we are back  for October Conference coming up in two weeks. Yay!

I would never forget the time we had to spend this past summer even when it was so short. We visited everyone we could, driving 3,000 miles. It was a great blessing for us to be able to see Andres and his family where we stayed most of the time. Pablo and his family, Analia and her family. Bianca and her family, Cristi and her family, Mandy and Spencer, Hernan and family who came to Salt Lake and Vale. The only two we didn't get to see were Gabriel in Ireland and Alejandro in Miami.

The good thing is that Alejandro, Lexi and Tiago are coming to Uruguay in December so that would make nine out of ten. Not bad! It has truly been my greatest blessing in life to get that period of time off from Daniel's work to focus solely on the children and Daniel and I will never going to forget all the memories we built together this past summer. I have discovered how much I love being a grandma or mami Vero. I am trying to figure out a shorter version of that for the two of us, how does Mami V and Papa D soud?

Now it's time for our next adventure in two weeks!

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: