Wednesday, September 7, 2016

To Be or not to Be

I was looking at my calendar and there is nothing of major importance happening for the next six days which means I can totally dedicate this time to write my story. I want to someday become an Author. I think there is so much that I have learned through my life that I want to share with the world. 

"Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be." unknown. 

I love Christ and I am a member of His restored Church. 
I am thankful for my family, blended family and extended family. 
I am thankful for all the things good and sad and even bad that have happened in my life.
I love to learn and want to share what I know. 
I believe in miracles and have been a witness to a good amount.
I am a loving person. I have the ability to love someone unconditionally. 

Here in the Philippines I don't have to attend any meetings of any kind related to work, or as an Honorary Consul or community leader. I am just home alone and I love it because it allows me time to sit back and think exactly what and who I want to be. I think it's so important to have direction in our lives. To have a vision of where we are trying to go and what we hope to accomplish. 

One of my favorite quotes is found in the Alice and wonderland tale as she comes to a fork in the road and asks the Cheshire Cat "Would you tell me please, which way I ought to go from here? " That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," Said the Cat. "I don't much care" Said Alice. " Then if doesnt matter which way you go." said the Cat. 

To have a vision for the future, then we have no idea of where to take our next step. But if we can sit down and really think through the question: what do I want to be when I grow up? or before I die which is probably where I am at. What is the end result that I hope to achieve in my life? Then we will find that our path on how to achieve that end result will become much more apparent to us and it will help us start to set goals in our lives that can lead us there. 

Setting goals is critical. It is amazing to compare the lives of those who set goals in their lives against those who don't set goals and just tend to go where the current takes them. is it any wonder that those people with goals and direction en up accomplishing so much more? And it all begins with the simple act of writing those goals down. Did you know that it's said that less than 10% of people write their goals down? And of those who do nothing more than write them down, complete them at a higher percentage than those who don't. I love transforming those goals into a vision board. 

In my vision board of ten things I want to do:
A picture of a map. For Travel.
A picture of the tower of Efel to learn French.
A picture of the Book of Mormon. The one book we read daily.
A picture of a woman running. To remind me to exercise.
A picture of fruit, vegetables and shakes, to reming me to eat healthy. 
A picture of books as a reminder to write my story.
A picture of a nice home for investing in Real Estate.
A picture of a piano to practice piano.
A picture of the temple to attend the temple every day.
A picture of a family tree for genealogy.

Well a probably will never learn French since I haven't done anything with that one since we moved to the Philippines and now is more like leaning tagalog. 

Taking time this week to analyze where I want to go and what I want to be is one of the most therapeutic things we can do toward helping ourselves to become the best we can be. I have found that I have a lot of things I need to work on to become my best self, but at least I have a list o what to work on and I have my set of goals to help me get there. I do this with one important help; The Lord's help and divine intervention. I pray about what I should do and I ask for his guiding light. This week I have been busy writing my story. I take breaks in between doing other things but my book is one on the list of things to do. I want to be an Author! 

Con amor,
Vero




No comments: