Sunday, September 18, 2016

We Believe in being Honest

Today the lesson in Relief Society was about Honesty and Integrity from the teachings of Howard W. Hunter. It is important to be honest in small matters as well as large ones. Some of the more common examples of dishonesty are people stealing and cheating but we must be honest in all of our dealings!

The temptation of evil surround us on every side. Without the protection of integrity, we are at the mercy of all kinds of sin and wrongdoings.  Job had no difficulty with these problems. He was protected by his own integrity. This is how he felt:

"All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit... My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let get go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live." (Job 27: 3-4, 6) True job,results from being honest with ourselves, with others, and with God.

These are three of many things I mostly admire in Daniel who is probably the most honest guy I know. I have learn so much from him as he follows with exactness these three values.

Integrity: Honesty at all times in all places. Do what is right, let the consequences follow, no exceptions. He is the same in private as he is in public.

Trustworthy: Dependable to do what you said and always keep your word.

Always tell the truth. Daniel doesn't even believe in telling "white lies."

I hope everyday I keep improving in this area of my life and little by little be more like Daniel.

Con amor,
Vero



No comments: