Sunday, September 25, 2016

Found a gem!


Today in Church the Bowmans took the Sunday School part of the meeting to talk to us about doing Family History. As a ward, we need to submit 90 names. Leigh Ann is so crafty and talented. She made a cute chart of a tree with branches and leaves and each time we submit a name they place a leaf on the tree. I decided to look up someone who might have a picture of my great-grandfather that no one ever knew. His name was Fidel Melara and is my grandmother's father. Sometime I wonder if up in heaven they are spending time together that never got to spend here on earth. My grandmother didn't know her father all that well since he was never part of her life.

Well so today as I was looking up some posts of Facebook I came across one woman I knew back when I was a teenager. Betty Melara. She is a distant cousin and one I knew might have some information.  She lived in the same neighborhood we lived and she might have a photo of my great-grandfather so I wrote her a message on Messenger and she answered. We chatted for a while and she even sent me a photo. I am the first person who own a picture of my great-grandfather. I will be working on his line from now on.

I am so happy for this find. It feel so good to be able to connect with people you share grandparents. I also found out that a sister of Mama Hilda is still alive. Her name is Regina and she looks great! I will contact them next month when I come to El Salvador. I hope to find names to give the Bowmans and to take Family History a little more serious.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: