Thursday, May 22, 2014

A full day

Wow, what busy day!
 It started by going to sister Andersen who was hosting the luncheon. Sooo good. Everyone brought some kind of salad but besides the great food, the conversation revolved around questions we all had about how to be a better mother. We wrote questions on a piece of paper and we went around telling answering the question with sound advice the best we could. Some people want to know how to prioritize time, others how to keep the kids from fighting etc. It was a neat meeting sharing our thoughts with the sisters. I will do this activity with my sisters and Cristi to see what we can come up with. Sister Andersen shared a favorite poem book she is making and also stories that go with each poem as she remembers them. Later that day, I had invited the Primary kids for activity days tomorrow without knowing I needed to be at the temple around the time they are here so I moved it for today. I got everything ready as if I was going to have eight kids but only one came but I don't blame them because it was such a short notice.
While I was doing that I remember to call Gary Flake to confirm that we were going to eat out tonight with them and Edgardo Carbajal and another fellow visiting from Utah. Well, I don't know what got over me that I decided to invite them to our home for dinner instead. And in only two hours I fixed two quezadillas. 12 pupusas, rice, platanos fritos, beans etc. There was plenty of food including 5 types of salads, bread,fruit, salsa and chips and two different drinks. sister Flake even brought a jello catage cheese salad. The dinner was great and so was the company.

No comments: