Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mama Hida turns 90

All day today I thought of my grandma who would have turned 90 today. It is her special day but she passed away at age 65 over 20 plus years ago. I thought about how time have changed and also how her family has changed. 

We are a huge family since she had seven children and about 40 grandchildren and a few of her grandchildren like me are grandparents. I was thinking of how much she would enjoy talking to all of her children and grandkids and great-grand kids and even great-great grandkids via internet. I am amazed how much we depend on it for everyday living.


In her day there was no such thing call internet. Today I had to be without it all day and I am amazed at how much I needed to be connected.  I needed to check my email, pay bills, look up some recipes etc. but the internet company was working of getting something new installed and it took all day. How time has changed from the early 90"s when my grandma returned to our Heavenly Father. How we all miss her and can't wait to be able to see our grandma again. She must feel disappointed at some of us and proud at others but one thing is for sure we all love and admire our mama Hilda. 

There was a note written by Norma Cornett Marek that I found on the internet of course that I want to share because I sure hope she knows how much we love her and miss her but sadly maybe we didn't let her know:

If I knew this would be the last time I would watch you sleep, I would hug you tighter. I would plead with the Lord to protect you. 

If I knew this would be the last time I saw you walk out the door, I would hug and kiss you and call you back to hug and kiss you one more time. 

If I knew this would be the last time I would hear your voice in prayer, I would record every gesture, every look, every smile, every one of your words, So that I could listen to it later, day after day. 

If I knew this would be the last time, I would spend an extra minute or two to tell you, “I love you,” instead of assuming you already knew it. 

If I knew this would be our last time, our last moment, I would be by your side, spending the day with you instead of thinking, “Well, I’m sure other opportunities will come, so I can let this day go by.” 

Of course there will be a day to revise things, And we would have a second chance to do things right. Oh, of course there will be another day for us to say, “I love you.” 

And certainly there will be another chance to tell each other, “Can I help with anything?” But in my case, there isn’t one! I don’t have you here with me, and today is the last day we have—our farewell. 

Therefore I would like to say how much I love you, And I hope you never forget it. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old. 

Today might be your last chance to hold tight to the hand of the one you love and show all you feel. If you are waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today? Because if tomorrow never comes, you certainly will regret for the rest of your life Not having spent some extra time for a smile, a conversation, a hug, a kiss, Because you were too busy to give that person what ended up being their last wish. 

Then hug tight today the one you love, your friends, your family, and whisper in their ears how much you love them and want them close to you. Use your time to say, “I’m sorry,” “Please,” “Forgive me,” “Thank you,” Or even, “That was nothing,” “It’s all right,” Because if tomorrow never comes, you will not have to regret today. 

Love,
Vero


No comments: