Sunday, May 25, 2014

Celebrating mother's day one more time

Here in the DR all mothers are celebrating their day. I was greeted with a corsage made by the Young Women and the whole meeting was so sweet. Cindy Lee gave an amazing talk on her mother and she couldn't have been more perfect for that. She calls her mother every single day. She told us that even sometimes when it might be late to call she can't go to bed without calling her mother. That is how close she is to her mom. I don't know anyone who does that.


 I feel close to my mom and try to call her often. I remember one time she told me how I never called and it was probably true. Back in the day, it was expensive to call, about a dollar a minute but that shouldn't have been a reason for not to call often. I try now not to forget calling on those special days like Mother day, birthday, Christmas and New Years and at least once a week. She is now mostly in Mexico or Miami. Daniel also calls her mom every week and I like that about him.

No comments: