Friday, May 16, 2014

Activity about Testimonies.

Today for our activity days theme the Primary children worked on what a testimony is, how we get it and how we make it grow. I had the children draw their hand to show five basic things we know about are true through the power of the Holy spirit.
1. God is our loving Father in Heaven.
2. His son, Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.
3. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God, and he was the instrument through which the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth and the Book of Mormon was translated.
4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Church on the earth today.
5. This Church is led by a living Prophet who receives revelation.
After they learned those very basic things, they were asked to write their testimony down on a special paper I had for them.
Then we talked about how we keep our testimony strong and growing like a tree. They made a drawing of a tree and every leaf was something to help them keep their testimony strong. There were things like: Desire, Fast, Obedience, Faith, Charity, Baptism. The Restoration, Priesthood, Temples, Prayer, Scripture Study, Sacrament, Families, Plan of Salvation, Repent, Be a good Example. etc. At this point some of the children were hungry so I gave them their cupcake treat. After we had this last activity, we talked about sharing our testimonies and I gave them a small package of Kleenex tissue with a note saying that a testimony like a package of tissue, if you don't take them out and use them. they don't do anybody any good. However if property used, they make you and those around you feel a lot better. I wanted to do an activity of making a time capsule but I only have four rolls of toilet paper and I needed at least eight. That will be my next activity plus making a mother's day present for them. I still don't know what I am going to do for mother's day. It is the last Sunday in May here in the DR.

No comments: