Saturday, May 17, 2014

Smothies anyone?

I am totally in love with the new blender. It is so amazing how it blends in seconds even the toughest things like whole oranges, carrots, celery, etc. In the old days I remember dealing with a juicer that threw away all the fiber on one end and on the other side, it kept the juice separate. This blender mixes it all. No messes to clean.
I made a smoothie with just 1/2 cup of cranberry juice an orange, half of a banana, 1/4 cup of celery and 1/4 cup of carrots more less 1 cup of ice and a teaspoon of sugar a dash of mint and ginger and there in one minute we were tasting this delicious drink. I am hooked!
I want to make shakes and smoothies everyday using fresh fruits and vegetables. I don't know if I can go on a all juice diet but I will try to not eat from Monday through Friday during the day and only eat something at night for dinner with Daniel. It will be a modification of eating the raw food diet with a sensible dinner. Slim fast sort of diet where you drink the shakes during a day and have a meal each day. It is so hard because I love cheese. Out of habit I just had a slice of cheese and bread without even thinking what I was doing.  I need to lose about 30 pounds. I need to or my health might start to deteriorate. At age 54, I don't want to be diabetic so that is why we needed to get the Vitamix. Daniel also needs to lose weight too or he is not going to fit into his shirts. He hates that! He has a fitbit that is calculating how much he exercises and that will also help him burn some calories. We both need help so I hope this will help burn some fat before our next appointment with Doctor Petersen who has encouraged us to lose the weight. We also have a nice tredmill at home to walk while we watch TV but Daniel gets home super tired and the last thing he wants to do is exercise.

No comments: