Saturday, May 24, 2014

Turnning 90 or 91

Dear papa Meme. Today you would have turned 91 or is it 90? Your birth certificate reads you were born May 24, 1924 but everyone knew it was wrong because you were born in the year 1923. This is a problem in El Salvador because I heard people gave whatever date to not have to pay a late fine for not registering a child within a reasonable amount of time when in reality, all this law created was people giving the wrong date and messing up the truth. I wonder if anyone ever paid the full fine?


 I also found out here in the DR, the same thing happens too. A sister in my ward I was visiting told me that she celebrates her birthday on February 15 but her birth certificate says March 15 and her husband has that same problem so that got me thinking I guess I do too! My birthday is January 3 but my birth certificate reads January 13 since 1971 when my mother had the brilliant idea to change the date so I could travel to the US before turning 12 to avoid paying full fare on a ticket but the irony of it all is that I ended up traveling in December and not January like it was planned so she didn't even have to do that. Now my birth certificate is messed up for life.


So today I imagine you are celebrating 90 or 91, who cares when it comes to eternity! What matters is that you are in Heaven celebrating with your mother and father and all your brothers and sisters and all so many good friends who have passed on. Happy birthday!








 .

No comments: