Tuesday, May 13, 2014

To eat or not to eat

Last Wednesday, exactly a week ago, we left Santo Domingo to go to Juan Dolio, the nearest beach. It was a little cloudy and at times rainy but over all it was great. Hernan and Rachael had come home with Daniel from Utah.


  As a graduation gift we gave him a trip to the DR using our miles and since he helped us sell the Passat, we also gave him $1,500 dollars in cash. We know money can still be tight while you are waiting to start work and receive your first pay check next month.


We packed up and I thought well, the condo has a kitchen so why not take food so I did but I don't even know why I even bothered. I should know by now how Daniel loves to eat out. I do too but it's expensive and due to the fact we have not receive one dime from City Creek in the last six months and the apartment in El Salvador has been vacant for seven months, I thought we can go out a night but should eat at home during he day. Not a chance!


 Daniel told me that when the kids were little they would go to a home on the beach to spend a whole month and during that month they always ate out. I still managed to make some pupusas and some quesadillas but apparently I got a reputation of cooking old stuff and whatever I make even if it is super fresh, people are not too eager to eat.


Daniel has this habit of throwing everything away and not to eat leftovers. I, on the other hand love to eat something already prepared so I don't have to re invent the wheel each time I want to eat.  I had gone to a Mexican store to get the freshest tortillas to make quesadillas just to have Daniel tell me how Hernan saw something green in the tortilla but didn't say anything to me so I wouldn't feel bad. What, no way, those were tortillas made fresh and place on the freezer immediately to be used later and is exactly what I did.  Needless to say I learn my lesson and from now on I will let Daniel figure out what to eat.  No more cooking! I never cooked all that much anyway so why start now.

No comments: