Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Feast upon the Word!

Thoughts on our 48 Days on Quarantine. 
Yes, you heard it. Forty-eight days. 


A few years ago, one of the books we read at our book club was the Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz. He in short went into four aspects of our life in four categories or agreements. 

1.    Be impeccable with your word.
2.    Don’t take anything personally
3.    Don’t make assumptions
4.    Always do your best

This book was a page turner,
 very interesting and thought provoking but as I thought about my own four agreements that I made before I even came to live on this earth I think of the following:

1 Have faith in His word
2 Pray always 
3 Trust the Holy Ghost 
4 Always have Hope

Why are these my four agreements? 
First, I believe that if we read the scriptures, we will find truth. The Lord always keeps his promise. Second praying daily will allow us to have the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit is our comforter, our best friend and teacher to guide our lives.
Doing one, two and three, will give us hope that all things will work out for our good. 

When I think of these four agreements, I feel that the gospel is not all that complicated if we believe in those four simple agreements but if by any chance, forget what they are, start with feasting upon the word of God. 

This year when we started reading the Book of Mormon an impression came to me when I read 2 Nephi 32:3 “…Feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.” My daughter Cristi Dame explained, “I know that ‘Feasting’ is really getting in there and exploring and enjoying the scriptures. It is easy to forget that we have been given this blessing to find all the answers to our questions. There is something so magical about reading this book that blesses me enough to be able to receive those answers to my questions. Sometimes the answer come as a thought or sometimes they come literally with the words I read. I just wanted to share with you a quick thought about the power of the scriptures and how daily scripture reading blesses my life with more availability to listen to the spirit and more patience and love for myself and those around me.”

There is no doubt that there is power and a promise when we feast upon the word of Christ, the problem has been taking the time to do it.  When do people find the time to read? But the truth of the matter is that when there is a will there is a way!  

This Pandemic has allowed us to take a closer look at all our habits and activities that were taking too much of our precious time when we could have easily invested 10, 20, or 30 minutes of our day for scripture study that is so much more valuable than sleeping in, television, needlessly checking emails, social media posts, scrolling to find the latest news, and unnecessary meetings That is my take today as I complete 48 days on quarantine. 

Con amor,
Vero 

No comments: