Thursday, May 7, 2020

That is what mothers do


Thoughts on our 49 days on quarantine.

While looking at some old files I found a post that my daughter Cristi wrote on motherhood ten yeas ago on a day like today. May 7, 2010

She titled it "My mom is a worrier" 



"Mothers are warriors. They are. I went to bed last night feeling miserable with the flu, but despite my fever and achy body, I had no problem getting up to feed my little man. I was amazed how I was able to function in such a miserable state. Motherhood comes with a whole new level of strength that you didn't even realize you had.  Really how amazing are woman?  I lay in bed (too hot to sleep) reflecting on how strong mothers are and how so often their strength and sacrifice goes unnoticed. 

I thought about my mom. My mom is a warrior. I have watched her endure many hardships and watched her transform into a better person through her endurance. She has taught me that through persistence and faith- you can make anything happen. I love you mom. Thank you for waking up in the middle of the night to feed me when I was a baby- even on days you didn't feel well. Those small things are taken for granted until one day you are doing it for your own little one. Thank you. I love you."

I agree, mothers are warriors. I can also think of my own mother doing the same thing for me and her mother doing the same thing for her because that is what mothers do. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: