Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Looking back

Thoughts on 47 days of quarantine,

Today I was going through old journals just for fun and found an entry made on May 4th 1981. I wrote about a time when I was invited last minute to go to the Symphony and didn't have time to change clothes. I went wearing jeans where most people were dressed up in a formal attire but I wasn't expecting to find anyone I knew. Wrong! The first person I saw when I walked in was Brad and his date so he had no choice than to come over where I was to introduce her to me. That awkward moment is one I have never forgotten to this day.

Well, we sat down to listen to the beautiful music and for some odd reason, I was at peace. My friends were more worried than me. Asking me constantly, are you ok? I was and I wish now that would have been the end. I wish Brad would not have come over to talk to me afterwards to tell me that he had broken up with Teresa Cervantes when he realized he liked me instead. If I knew then, what I know now there is no way I would have accepted his invitation for romance but I was so in love and happy.

That day I also wrote this thought: " Life is precious not only because it is perfectible but because human beings can comprehend the idea of perfectivity. It is precious because there are no limits to the fineness of human sensibilities. We are capable of responding to the good, the true and the beautiful. We have the capacity to love and to respond to love. The human species is unique because it alone can do things for the first time."

Yes, that day I experienced something good, true and beautiful that produced three wonderful daughters and for that, I am grateful.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: